Mommy Makeover Surgery
Mommy makeover cosmetic surgery procedure is an excellent option for mothers looking for a little more confidence and comfort in their post-pregnancy body. The treatment combines multiple surgical procedures into a single procedure. It can be used for addressing several different post-pregnancy concerns.
You should consider several factors before getting a mommy makeover procedure. Pre-op preparation will lay the foundation for a successful surgery and safe recovery. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim provides mommy makeover surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding communities.
Two Weeks Prior to the Surgery
- Stop all nicotine and tobacco products, including patches, gum, and sprays. Avoid direct and secondhand smoking.
- Don’t take ibuprofen, aspiring, fish oil, vitamin E, and other herbal supplements. Blood thinning medications may react poorly with anesthetics.
- Your surgeon will conduct a pre-operative physical which is different from annual examinations. This is a special examination to ensure you are clear for anesthesia and surgery.
Five Days Prior to Surgery
- Send your cats to a relative or friend since their litter habits and waste can result in infection. Dogs don’t pose any problem.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Arrange for childcare and personal needs. You won’t be able to lift anything or drive for a few days following the surgery.
Two Days Prior to Surgery
- Shave from the upper pubic area all the way down to your legs.
- Get your prescriptions filled beforehand. Purchase a stool softener as well since bowel movements may become difficult following the mommy makeover procedure.
Day Before Surgery
- Stop all drinking and eating before midnight.
- Take an enema before bedtime to reduce constipation discomfort and loosen bowels.
- Refrain from shaving again since that can increase the risk of infection.
- Take another enema if you want to.
- Take morning medications to the surgeon’s office and have them only after they approve.
- Wear comfortable and flexible clothing which provides plenty of breathing room after the surgery.
Other Preparatory Tips
Be in the vicinity of your ideal weight
Mommy makeover plastic surgery procedure can tone your contours, but it cannot remove traces of excess fat. In addition, subsequent weight loss may cause loose or lax skin. Women experiencing the best mommy makeover procedures are generally close to their ideal weight. They are also able to maintain that weight.
Set up childcare
Your body won’t be able to bounce back immediately to perform strenuous activities, such as playing, carrying, or lifting your children. You would need help with childcare during your recovery phase. Additional supervision will prevent you from overexerting yourself. It will lead to a quicker and safer recovery while ensuring that all your child’s needs are met.
Prepare a comfortable space for recovery and rest
You can significantly quicken your recovery by creating a designated space in your home for recovery. This will ensure that you remain comfortable during the healing process. The space should be accessible to water, food, pillows, and family members. This effort will help you rest better. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and nearby areas for mommy makeover surgery.
Schedule a Consultation with Board Certified Beverly Hills California Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kim
Also visit beverlyhillsplasticsurgery.com
Serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and surrounding areas.